Janette Haywood joins Chambers as an associate member. Janette has extensive experience appearing at every level of the court system, and is a member of the Family Law Bar Association
- LLB (Hons) University College, Cardiff
- LLM University College , London.
- Bar College of Law , Chancery Lane
Janette offers expertise in specialist areas of Family Law including:
- Care proceedings and adoption, acting for both local authorities and parents in cases concerning physical harm and neglect;
- Guardian ad litem work, acting for children;
- Contact and residence disputes (now Child Arrangement Order pursuant to the Children and Families Act 2014);
- Grandparents applications for Special Guardianship Orders and contact;
- Transfer of tenancy applications pursuant to the Family Law Act 1996;
- Domestic violence applications/injunctions and occupation orders;
- Removal from the jurisdiction;
- All other Section 8 Children Act 1989 applications: Prohibitive Steps and Specific Issue Applications including disputes concerning a child’s education.
Solicitors and clients regularly comment that Janette has a friendly and personable approach and provides clients with a professional and sympathetic service, whilst also being tenacious when necessary.
- Member of Middle Temple
- Member of the Family Bar Association